Evolving from HTMI 2 to a suite of apps, HITS3 is now being released for the first users, musicians, musical producers and live interactive performers (dance, theatre and other fields).
Download link: HITS3 download from Dropbox
My Patreon: patreon.com/eufraktus
About these almost-beta released modules (in alphabetical order, don’t complain):
1. Astro – AstroNoiseBand is dedicated to calculate the orbits of the Solar System main massive objects (planets and satellite) and apply the function to noise filters. It allows the user to accelerate the movement by a million (or even more, depending on your machine). It may be also used to filter an incoming live sound or a sound file, beside white and pink noise. Amazing for complexifying a live sound performance.
2. Audio2Midi – as it says in the title, this module takes incoming audio signal and converts it into midi discrete notes. Melodic, so far, but perfect for instance to improvise live with AI Duet, a piece of online Artificial Intelligence algorithm that “listens” midi notes, compares them to a huge music database from Magenta.TensorFlow project )available here https://github.com/tensorflow/magenta-demos/tree/master/ai-duet) and find a “proper” auto generated melodic response. Fun garantizada!
3. FrakGran – Fraktal Granulator is based on the Granular Synthesizer patch created in Max 6.0.7 by Håkon Nybø (upon the build saved on 18/12/2012 and freely distributed by the author on http://hakonnybo.com/). It received some midi income data new “doors”, in order to integrate the HITSuite3. If you plan to use it, please share alike all the author’s credit.
4. FrakMSP – Fraktal Midi and Sample Player is the flagship and the core of the whole Suite. Its main function is to capture a webcam live stream and convert the detected pixel movements into a flow of midi data, which may be directed to a physical or virtual synthesizer. Version 3.3 encompasses several modes like Diatonic (white notes), Fractal (Gaston Julia’s), Dodecaseries (through autogenerated random dodecaphonic series), MidiFlow (allowing a midi file reading of any piece of music that will be triggered by the webcam detected motion), between many other possibilities. In the field of audio sample playing, it offers two solutions: one for aleatoric triggering of up to six different audio files, and a second that randomly controls the speed of up to seven audio files, both based on motion detection. There is a tap tempo controller, restricted only by your lack of wisdom in finding (calculating) a compatible cue limiter (Qlim) calibration. Last, it offers the sending of midi cc (control change) messages to two simultaneous channels, by means of midi or OSC messaging (localhost or network streaming).
In version 3.5 (last stable one) you will find the new option for Mandelbrot function in Fractal Mode (really beautiful stuff) and a small version of Audio2Midi inside the ADC submodule (yes, I know, a subsubmodule is terrible, but … I have my reasons). I just started a series of “live tutorials” for all the Suite modules, starting of course with this one: YouTube HITS3/FrakMSP Tutorial
5. Fraktal Improvisor is a lightweight fractal series generator, based on up to 4 simultaneous fractal melodies artificial composer (a stupid, but unpredictable one, I would make a serious remark). Useful for the most lazy moments of your performance (and even for going to the bathroom, specially if you combine a good grand piano sound with some post-post-modern synthetic timbre, reverb and delay at your personal taste, from French reverbs to Brazilian Barbecue long ping-ponged delays).
6. Fraktal FM Waves Generator allows you to combine up to four voices to play waves with Julia’s fractal defined frequencies. There is a “drone” auto generator and it may receive external midi input, such as Audio2Midi, FrakMSP, depending on the bus you select.
7. Serial Killer is unfortunately waiting for an update of the “matrix12” max object in Max 8. When working properly, it plays up to six voices of dodecaphonic series, including their retrograde, inverted and inverted-retrograde.
8. X.FM is a slightly improved version of the homonymous synthesizer offered with Max/MSP. I added to it some midi cc controls, an autoplayer, an external midi port OSC input and some new timbre presets may be found at the presets folder.
You may see the HITSuite in full throttle action at BSBLOrk – Orquestra de Laptops de Brasilia YouTube Channel: youtube.com/bsblork
There is not a formal tutorial for this system on the web, but you may find some of my programs here:
Any problem or suggestions may be addressed to eufrasioprates at gmail. Screen prints are welcome! Help sharing with artistic communities.